The Waving Flag: DBMM Grading - A Useful Playing Aid?

Saturday 15 September 2007

DBMM Grading - A Useful Playing Aid?

Two weeks ago I had my first real games of DBMM. The games involved a fair few Cv(S) vs Cv(S) combats.

We ended up in a right old mess which was only sorted out by the kind assistance of Geoff Pearson from MAWS. Since then I've been studying the grading very closely. My research quickly revealed that I was not alone in having problems.



To sort things out I started with Geoff Pearson's excellent table of grading factors and other stuff from the DBMM Yahoo! Group. I now think I've got the hang of it. The result of my efforts is a page of grids. You can download a pdf copy if you think it will help you learn the game.

Looking at them everything is really quite simple as nearly all gradings only apply to one side at any one time. The only exception I can see involves a pair of superior mounted in close combat (no wonder we had a problem) and this is obvious from the relevant grid. The gradings then apply to both sides in all combinations (win/lose, lose/win and the draw). The net effect is that the superior gradings always cancel one another out.

I hope I've now got this right. I'll be testing this in the next week or so. In the meantime please have a look at the grids and let me know if you spot any errors.

No comments :

Salute The Flag

If you'd like to support this blog why not leave a comment, or buy me a beer!

Salute The Flag