The Waving Flag: Field Of Glory :: Turn Indicator II

Friday 16 April 2010

Field Of Glory :: Turn Indicator II

Whilst producing the Mark I Turn Indicator I decided on a nice simple approach covering just the five main phases of each turn.  I had thought to spilt each phase into individual steps but decided against it because the full turn sequence is much too long to fit on the dial.



From a design viewpoint, the only workable option is to select the main steps in each phase.  Unfortunately, I don’t have enough experience just yet to select the right steps.  All this changed yesterday.

I was searching for a printable full turn sequence when I stumbled across a play sheet in the German section of the Field of Glory website.  This gave a much reduced and “basic” turn sequence. After some messing about with the original design I had the Mark II dial shown right. 

We’ll try the Mark II indicator on Sunday and report back.

Updated: Fri, 16 Apr 2010
  1. After I posted a link on the FOG Yahoo! group I’ve had some quick feedback.  The design now includes “routs & pursuits” in the shooting and melee phases.
  2. After seeing this post Karsten Loh has kindly uploaded a printable version of the full turn sequence for us all to use.  Thanks  Karsten.

2 comments :

Monty said...

We use this guide all the time in our club. Especially useful in a tournament when I wear down and forget. Thanks!

Vexillia said...

Glad you found it useful. I too find the FOG sequence of play getting more onerous towards the end of games.

Salute The Flag

If you'd like to support this blog why not leave a comment, or buy me a beer!

Salute The Flag